Keto fried chicken. This is probably one of our most requested keto recipes and for good reason! Who doesn’t LOVE fried chicken? I can’t get enough of that CRUNCH sound when you bite into some freshly fried chicken as you feel the explosion of flavor in your mouth.
You might be surprised to hear this, but normal recipes are not that hard to adapt for keto. For that crispy, crunchy, mouthwatering skin, we will be using some almond flour, pork rinds, and parmesan cheese. Now the best part is, you don’t even have to fry it to get the fried flavor and texture. The pork rinds have a lot of oil in them and when you bake it in the oven, it comes out as if it was fried.
I am not going to write a whole long story about Keto fried chicken here in this post, you will find the recipe right below the picture 😀
Keto Fried Chicken Recipe
🍽️ 7 – 14 servings
⌛Prep Time: 0 hours 15 mins
⌛Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- 14 drum sticks (Or 8 chicken breasts)
- 3 large Eggs
- Salt (Kosher or any other coarse grain salt)
- Fresh black pepper (ground)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan (grate this fresh)
- 2 cups pork rinds (ground in a food processor)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Get a large baking tray and line it with parchment paper.
- Wash your chicken and then dry them by lightly patting them with some paper towels.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to your taste.
- In one bowl, mix together the eggs and the heavy cream.
- Grind your pork rinds finely with a food processor.
- In a second bowl, mix together the flour, ground pork rinds, Parmesan, garlic powder, smoked paprika powder and the optional chili powder if you want some spice.
- Dip each chicken piece into the cream and egg mixture, making sure to completely cover the chicken with it and then straight into the almond flour mixture. You want to have it properly coated everywhere, there should be no cracks in the flour mixture.
- Place the coated chicken onto the baking tray and spread them out, leaving a small gap between each piece.
- Bake until the chicken is a golden color and check the internal temperature is at least 165°F (74°C). This will take roughly 45 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
For more great Keto Recipes as well as a planner why not try out the Custom Keto Planner? Take a quick quiz to help define your goals and let this amazing program work out a custom keto plan just for you! The recipes are easy to make at home (and include snacks!) and they are simply delicious.